Every site has an About Us page that marks the value of the site and describes it to connect to more audience, this page is something like describing yourself or your site with words, but no voice just like a non-verbal introduction.
We often hear people say, ‘The first impression is the last impression,’ or ‘The first impression is most important.’ Therefore, this page specifically is an attention seeker and draws the weight of connecting more audiences with the work you perform.
An About Us page is your opportunity to elaborate on certain questions like,
- Who are you?
- What do you work on?
- Why you are doing the following?
- How do you work?
- Your achievements?
This page becomes a deciding factor before you convince someone to convert, whether that comes in the form of:
- Making a purchase
- Downloading an awesome piece of content
- Signing up for your newsletter
- Requesting information or a demo
How to create a magnificent About Us Page?
The page should be like a showstopper of the site that means, engaging, and at the same time helpful, informative, accessible on any device, containing proof, testimonials, and some personal information that visitors can relate to, such as education, family, etc.
There’s always a reason behind an About Us page and that is to provide the audience that is initially the visitors to have a glimpse of your idea behind creating the following site and information about every peculiar detail that can assist the visitor.
Another hurdle to cross is that ‘what sets you apart from the other sites?’ so that the audience starts to evoke interest in your work and idea. Not only content but a well-structured design play an impactful role while approaching the audience to convey your idea in an exciting manner that becomes challenging for every other site because at this point in time you become a class apart!
And you some great innovation you ought to have some fantastic motivational ideas and that can happen only when you check out some of these and they’re here right for you:
- Pierro Caron: Pierro Caron is a French sculptor and during your visit at this page the best thing to check on is that amount of honesty regarding handcrafted sculptures and wood; the website is full of soulful words, inspirational quotes, and images of labors of love. That quotes, “tell a story and testify to the richness of one of our most precious resources.”
- Less Films: A video production based in Florida with clients and team members across the globe. On the About Us page of the website, there are 50 seconds of interesting video full of humor including a shortlist of facts summarizing their love for karate, tacos, and travel depicting the theme which certainly permeates most of the content on the website.
- Anton & Irene: One of the most distinctive websites as a design agency and the most impressive thing about them is the page takes parallax scrolling to a completely different level with amazing bold colors, quirky visuals, and extraordinary effects that create a captivating experience.
- ToyFight: ToyFight is known for its award-winning designs as an agency and with there About Us that comes under the ‘Who’ section is quite creative and unique and all this is just because of the deconstructed action figures representing the founders, Leigh Whipday and Jonny Lander. Everything is designed so thoroughly keeping in mind the 16 years of experience making the look more cynosure and that makes the page a perfect blend of jollification and information.
- Tate: The classy look depicts the best about their ideology and mission that states ‘to increase the public’s enjoyment and understanding of British art from the 16th century to the present day and of international modern and contemporary art.’ This page is a soulful journey of art for their audience as described in their mission!
- Lonely Planet: This page feels like a travel journey full of color, joy, and some nostalgia of your memories with all the places you’ve visited and their website says, ‘Just Go.’ This website if for travelers and their idea of exploring is interesting and creates zest of knowing more about them, their visual aid offers a preview of their services.
- DORÉ: Doré reminds of very famous prose by Virginia Woolf ‘A Room of one’s own.’ The website reflects a space for consciousness and self-reflection driving curiosity, creativity, and humor. Garance Doré née Mariline Fiori is a French photographer, illustrator, and author, best known for her fashion blog. The place became inspirational with the number of people adding in the team that’s always ready to answer everything including every aspect from fashion, femininity, style, and many more. And if you take an interest in the discussions and wish to contribute, you are welcomed with ideas put forth. The team actively responds to your thoughts and ideas, and you’ll definitely enjoy the journey along with them.
- Purple, Rock, Scissors: When you want to describe yourself clearly and thoroughly then it’s always black and white, never gray as it’s a technological marvel. The twee eye-catchy animated background, concise content, creative visuals, and bold working style is indigenous that will definitely mesmerize you!
- Bigcartel: There website righteously mentions “For Artists, by artists,” is a platform that makes it simple to construct and assist an online store. The eccentric and idiosyncratic style has an impeccable mark and candid employee photographs that make the About Us independent in its attitude and mission. All over it is a magnificent diversity display through its photographs.
- Blake Suarez: Even though about something simple and smooth, Blake Suarez is my favorite website to scroll because of its incredible portrayal and a feel of striking a conversation with the audience/viewers like a simple man telling his story by being an open-book and creating familiarity as well as connectivity with the audience as a graphic designer. With an applaudable sense of humor, an illustrator and designer with goofy pictures offer a perfect view of Suarez’s flamboyant personality with his splendid piece of work and craft.
So here is some marvelous piece of work that can help you like a knock at your door of ideas, and help you create something out of the box.
Enjoy your journey of newness and propositions ahead!